How to book safari online for Ranthambore National Park
Safari booking in Ranthambore National Park is controlled by the Forest Department (Government of India). Online Safari booking facility is available for Ranthambore National Park. Online safari booking can be done by us or from Ranthambore Forest Department website. Two types of vehicles are allowed for Jungle Safari in Ranthambore National Park, the first option is Jeep which is also known as Gypsy and the second option is Canter which is known as Open Safari Bus.
A jeep carries only six passengers and the canter has a seating capacity of 20 people. The forest department only books safari seats in jeeps and canters. There are 6 seats in a jeep and 20 seats in a canter and only vehicle numbers are allocated thereafter. The department does not allocate seat numbers in the safari vehicle. Visitors randomly take seats according to the empty seat in the vehicle. If you are a couple and reserve two seats in a jeep or canter, you will enjoy jungle safari along with other tourists. In Ranthambore National Park, a naturalist or forest guide is mandated with a jungle safari.
Jungle Safari bookings in Ranthambore are open for the whole year. Visitors can now book a jungle safari online 365 days before the safari date. The safari zone is also selected at the time of booking the safari. Ranthambore National Park has 10 different safari gates / zones. Limited vehicles are sent to all these safari zones of Ranthambore by the Forest Department. Ranthambore National Park has two shifts for jungle safari, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The jungle safari tour is about three and a half hours.
The park entrance fee, guide fee and vehicle seat fee are fully paid for booking the jungle safari at Ranthambore. Jungle Safari is booked on a first come, first served basis, which is non-refundable and non-transferable. Safari vehicles are allocated on the day of Safari. Jungle safari is subject to availability due to the permission of limited vehicles in Ranthambore National Park.
Online booking procedure of jeep and canter safari –
While booking your seat in a jeep or canter safari, you have to give the following details-
- To book a safari, we need a written request, which includes the full name, age, gender of all visitors who are going for the safari. (As printed on id proof)
- Selected Safari Date and Safari Shift (Morning / Afternoon)
- Selected Safari Vehicle Type i.e. Jeep / Canter
- Provide photo identity card and their number of all visitors.
- Provide a copy of everyone's photo identity proof (these can be scanned and emailed, as soon as available) which is required to be submitted before Safari booking and please bring the original same ID which you provided for Safari booking.
- Identity proofs accepted for Indian citizens are any one of the following - Passport / Aadhaar / Driving License / PAN Card / Voter ID Card / Student ID / Office ID.
- Passport is the only photo identification proof accepted for foreigners / NRI.
- We pay the park entrance fee, vehicle fee, guide fee to the forest department for booking jungle safari, so for jungle safari booking you have to pay full amount in advance.
Things to keep in mind for Online booking Ranthambore Safari:
- For booking Jungle Safari, you have to pay full fees in advance.
- Each visitor must have a photo ID.
- During the jungle safari tour, each visitor must have the same photo ID that was provided for online safari booking.
- No refund or cancellation is allowed on confirmed booking.
- Jungle Safari booking is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged with anyone.
- You can book your Safari 365 days in advance.
- Passport details for foreign / NRI tourists are mandatory for Safari booking.
- Jungle safari permits in Ranthambore are issued on a first come, first served basis, so jungle safaris and preferred safari zones are subject to availability.
- Jeep Safari in Ranthambore is subject to availability.
- Preferred safari zones are subject to availability until the drive.
- Name your boarding place or hotel in Ranthambore.
- The park can be closed without any prior notice to visitors.
- There are limited safari vehicles to enter the national parks, so it is most difficult to book a safari on short notice. Please book safari in advance.
- Park fees are subject to change without prior notice. This is beyond our control, so the visitor will be liable to pay the difference at the time of entry to the park if there is any modification in the fee after booking.
- The forest department only books safari seats in jeeps and canters. The department does not allocate seat numbers in the safari vehicle. Visitors randomly take seats according to the empty seat in the vehicle.
- Visitors are required to report to the boarding location 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the safari.
- Identity proof is must before entry into the park.
Mode of transportation for Jungle Safari in Ranthambore:
- Gypsy [6 seater open jeep]
- Canter [20 seater open bus]
Through this website we want to provide you all kinds of information related to Ranthambore National Park Safari Booking, including Online Safari Booking, Safari zones, Safari Timings, Travel Information, Accommodation, Wildlife Information, Various Wildlife Packages and Holiday Packages. You will get important information about Ranthambore safari booking such as how to do online safari booking, cost of safari, safari time and documents required for safari booking.
Ranthambore National Park is one of the top wildlife tourist destinations in Rajasthan. It is a fascinating blend of history and nature. A formidable fort is located inside the park which was built in the 10th century. The Ranthambore National Park is located where the Vindhya plateau and the Aravalli Hills meet. The landscape of Ranthambore offers an amazing view with rocky plains and steep cliffs. Ranthambore Tiger Reserve has about 70 tigers. Apart from this, variety of flora and fauna is found in Ranthambore.
The best time to visit Ranthambore is from October to June. You can also select Safari Zone while booking Jeep and Canter Safari. Ranthambore National Park has 10 zones for jungle safari. A limited number of safari vehicles are allowed in each safari zone by the forest department. If you decide to change the safari zone, it can be changed after paying an additional fee. However, the final decision to approve is with the Forest Department.
Through this online safari booking website you will also get answers to other questions such as -
Ranthambore Safari Gates / Zone Opening Time
Ranthambore National Park is open from sunrise to sunset. There are two safari shifts a day for Jungle Safari in Ranthambore. Both morning and afternoon safaris are about three and a half hours. Departure and exit times for safaris vary according to the season throughout the year. The gates of Safari zones 1–5 remain closed from July to September due to monsoon rains, although 6 to 10 zones remain open during the monsoon season.
Typically, the opening and closing times of park gates for jungle safaris are synchronized with sunrise and sunset. The park's gate opens about half an hour after sunrise for the jungle safari in the morning and about half an hour before sunset all safari gates are closed. It is important to remember the time of the jungle safari because forest officials dictate strict adherence to them. You should plan your travel and activities keeping safari time in mind.
All the safari gates / zones of Ranthambore National Park are opened to tourists from 1 October. From 1 October to 31 October (post monsoon), morning safari time is from 6:30 am to 10 pm, while afternoon safari is held from 2:30 pm to 6 pm.
During winter, the safari time changes due to the shorter time of day. From 1 November to 31 January, safari timings are from 7 am to 10:30 am while afternoon safari trips are operated from 2 pm to 5:30 pm.
From 1 February to 31 March, the time of morning jungle safari is from 6:30 am to 10 am and afternoon safari is from 2:30 pm to 6 pm.
From 1 April to 15 May, the morning jungle safari tour in Ranthambore is organized from 6 am to 9:30 pm, while the evening jungle safari tour is from 3 pm to 6:30 pm.
From 15 May to 30 June, the morning safari at Ranthambore is from 6 to 9:30 am, while the evening safari is between 3:30 to 7 pm